Upon completion of the internships, the students will
1. Demonstrate college counseling and student development skills:
2. Learn to use technology to communicate and develop programs in college counseling and student services, including the evaluation of counseling outcomes.
3. Design a consultation project for prevention, development, or remedial purposes;
4.Demonstrate knowledge in roles, functions and organization of various college counseling and student services and their relationship to each other and the academic community;
5. Identify and discuss counseling interventions in higher education, including crisis interventions and the effects of the intervention(s).
6. Examine the ethical and legal issues in the college counseling and student development.
7.Articulate their own counseling philosophy for building relationships with and working effectively with students in the academic community;
8. Practice multicultural counseling to diverse student populations.
9. Integrate the School-Community Collaboration Model into professional practice.