1. Describe the historical and current relationship between humans and the horse, including specific examples of how horses have influenced human society.
2. Explain the importance of the equine industry and sport on an international, national, and state level.
3. Outline how science and technology are applied to the production and management of horses through the study of discipline areas such as equine genetics, nutrition, reproduction, behavior, and health (GEP).
4. Describe the proper care of horses for the purpose of maintaining animal health, comfort and usefulness.
5. Define and explain terms used in the equine industry, including parts of the horse and tack, horse colors, markings (face, leg, body), conformation, health, nutrition, genetics, reproduction, and behavior.