Transcripts of Academic RecordsBack To Top
Official NC State University transcripts are a complete record of a student’s academic work at the university. Transcripts are issued on official tamper-proof paper and carry the pre-printed signature of the University Registrar, the date of issue, and the pre-printed seal of the university. Sealed transcripts are also stamped with the Registrar’s signature on the outside of the envelope.
An official transcript is issued only at the authorization or written request of the student concerned. There are three different ways to request official transcripts.
- Order a transcript online. Online orders can be placed at NC State's Online Transcript Order site.
- Fax or mail a request to Registration and Records for an official transcript. A transcript request form may be obtained online at http://www.ncsu.edu/registrar/faq/transcript.html.
- Visit Registration and Records in person at 1000 Harris Hall and receive an official transcript.
- The charge for official transcripts processed at Registration and Records is $10.00.
- Official transcripts are not issued for those people who are indebted to the university until such indebtedness is paid or satisfactorily adjusted.
- Transcript requests will normally be processed within 24-48 hours. However, a longer period of time may be required for processing at the beginning and end of each semester.
Currently registered students may obtain an unofficial transcript by accessing MyPack Portal and navigating to Main Menu > Student Self Service > Student Center. The unofficial transcript can be accessed via the drop-down menu under the Academics section.Back To Top
Change of Name, Address, or Telephone
It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Department of Registration and Records of any changes in name, address, or telephone. Failure to do so may prevent prompt delivery of important university correspondence and correct notification of hometown newspapers of honors received. International students are required by law to notify the university of any change or correction in name or address within 10 days. Updating address changes in MyPack Portal system fulfills international students’ federal requirements for maintaining status in SEVIS.
Name changes can only be completed in person at Registration and Records, 1000 Harris Hall by providing a picture ID and proof of the name change (i.e. driver’s license, social security card) or by written authorization along with proof.
Changes of address or telephone can be completed in MyPack Portal > Main Menu > Student Self Service > Student Center, under Personal Information.
Note: NC State University policies, rules and regulations are continuously being updated and reviewed as the need arises. For the most current information regarding this section, please visit the Policies, Regulations, and Rules website.