Student Records

Transcripts of Academic Records

An official transcript is issued only at the authorization or written request of the student concerned. A transcript is a complete copy of a student's academic record at the time that it is issued. It contains all course work, including undergraduate, graduate and/or non-degree, taken while enrolled at NC State University. NC State will NOT issue a partial transcript. The university will automatically send all course work when a transcript is requested.

For more information on how to obtain an official transcript, please visit the Student Services Center website.

Change of Name, Address, or Telephone

It is the student’s responsibility to notify the University of any changes in name, address, or telephone. Failure to do so may prevent prompt delivery of important university correspondence and correct notification of hometown newspapers of honors received. International students are required by law to notify the university of any change or correction in name or address within 10 days. Updating address changes in MyPack Portal system fulfills international students’ federal requirements for maintaining status in SEVIS.

Name changes can only be completed by submitting a Name Change/Marital Status Change Request Form, available from the Student Services Center, along with the required proof of identification.

Changes of address or telephone can be completed in MyPack Portal. More information about how to update personal information can be found on the Student Services Center website.

Note: NC State University policies, rules and regulations are continuously being updated and reviewed as the need arises. For the most current information regarding this section, please visit the Policies, Regulations, and Rules website.