All students (including Freshmen) living on or off campus may purchase a parking permit until all available student parking space is sold. Demand for permits does exceed supply. Permits are sold online on a semester basis via the Transportation website, and are available on a first-come, first served basis.
Permitted parking areas and hourly visitor spaces are enforced: Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except on Official University Holidays.
- Resident parking areas ("RC," "RE," "RW") are enforced: Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to Midnight; Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Any space or area designated as reserved 24/7, handicap parking spaces and no parking areas.
Wolfline is NC State's bus service which is tailored to student class schedules, but also serves the general public fare-free. Wolfline buses operate every day classes are in session, serving all three campuses, three park & ride lots, official NC State housing and privately-owned apartment complexes located on city streets traveled by Wolfline buses on the way to or from these areas. No university ID, pass, or fare is required to ride. Buses are red and white and black with the Wolfline logo lettering.
Wolfline buses travel along designated routes and only stop at designated Wolfline stops, some of which are shared stops with city (GoRaleigh) and regional (GoTriangle) transit providers. A few routes are designated as "limited stop."
Please visit the Wolfline website for the most up-to-date information about park and ride lots and locations, and bus routes and schedules.
Alternative Transportation Options
NCSU Transportation offers the following additional alternatives to bringing a vehicle to campus through Wolftrails.
- Bicycling: Bicycling is also an inexpensive, healthy and environmentally-friendly way to travel to, from and around campus. Bike racks are conveniently located throughout our three campuses. Students are strongly encouraged to register their bicycles through the Transportation offices; Campus Police also offers free engraving on bicycles.
- LimeBike Bike Share: NC State now offers a pilot program with LimeBike, a dockless public bike share. LimeBike technology is integrated into smart bikes and a smart phone app. There's no kiosk docking station so bikes can be ridden anywhere and parked at any bike rack or designated bike parking area throughout campus. Thirty-minute rides are $0.50 for NC State students and employees by registering with an @ncsu.edu email address.
- Walking: As an urban campus, NC State University is very walkable with short distances to off-campus locations such as shopping and restaurants, as well as between campus destinations. Many students and staff choose to walk to school or work, and/or combine walking with another alternative mode to get around campus. Visit the Transportation website to download a Walk Times map.
- Carpool: NC State students who participate in the student carpool program can enjoy carpooling benefits and gain access to premium parking areas. The Transportation office requires at least two commuter students to form a carpool. All registered carpool participants must show proof of vehicle registration and a local address.
- Vanpool: NC State, in collaboration with GoTriangle, offers a vanpool service for commuters. Vanpools can be formed with as few as six (6) riders; one of whom is a volunteer driver. To be eligible for Vanpool benefits, participants must have an office on one of our 3 campuses.
- City/Regional Bus: GoPass is a bus pass sponsored by NCSU Transportation, at a cost of $5 per year for NC State students. GoPasses allow NC State students and staff to ride city (GoRaleigh) and regional (GoTriangle) buses to commute to campus, get to the airport, or visit friends at other nearby universities.
- Zipcar: Zipcar is a car-share program that offers the convenience of car ownership without the hassles of having a car on campus. There are eight vehicles available for use at NC State which are parked in designated spots around campus: Dan Allen Drive (Bragaw Hall Carriageway), Avent Ferry Complex, ES King Village, and Centennial Campus. Students can join Zipcar for a $35 annual membership fee, and can reserve Zipcars at a rate of $8 per hour and $69 per day. Costs include gas, insurance and roadside assistance.
- Wolfpack Pick Up: Wolfpack Pick Up is a service designed for students with injuries or living with disabilities. Wolfpack Pick Up services Main Campus only. Rides are scheduled online. Questions about scheduling may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCSU Transportation is located in Administrative Services I, 2721 Sullivan Drive, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., (919) 515-3424.