NC State's Non-Degree Studies (NDS) program provides opportunities for students who are not full-time degree-seeking students to enroll at NC State for a variety of reasons. NDS caters to:
- Working professionals looking to advance in their careers,
- Students who need to meet NC State admission requirements for an undergraduate or graduate program,
- Students who would like to try out classes at NC State,
- High school students who wish to earn college credit and have exhausted enrollment options at their home institutions,
- North Carolina Senior learners wishing to audit courses tuition-free,
- and so many others.
- Students must have graduated from high school at least one year before beginning enrollment or have the written support of their high school principal
- Students must be eligible to return to any previous institution(s) attended
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at all times to remain eligible to continue
- Students who have not yet obtained a baccalaureate degree
- Students enrolled in an undergraduate certificate program
- Students who have obtained a baccalaureate degree
Academic Enrichment Opportunities
- Rising high school juniors and seniors with a cumulative weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
North Carolina Senior Auditors ("65+")
- North Carolina residents aged 65-years and older
How to Apply to the NDS Program
Students interested in the NDS program will apply online through our ApplyNDS portal. Depending on what type of student you are, whether you have previously been a student at NC State, and your residency (in-state, out-of-state, or international), there may be different components to the application. Details are available on the NDS website. It is important that applicants follow each step of the application carefully, as your application may not be considered if we are missing any important information or documentation.
Application Dates and Deadlines
The deadline to apply to the NDS program for the Fall 2020 semester is August 14, 2020. Applicants are notified of their decision on a rolling basis. The deadline for the Spring 2021 application will be posted to the NDS website during the summer.