3.9 Change in Degree Level or ProgramApply Now
Graduate students in good academic standing may change their degree level or degree program after the completion of one semester.
- Graduate students are not required to re- apply to change their degree level or program.
- Students must consult with their advisors and current Director of Graduate Programs (DGP).
- The student must sign a Request for Change of Degree Status or Curriculum form and submit it to the DGP of the program in which the student is currently enrolled.
- No change in level/program will be effective without the approval of:
- the DGP of the program in which the student is currently enrolled;
- the DGP of the new program into which the student is requesting transfer; and
- the Graduate School. Upon approval of the request, the Graduate School will notify both departments, where applicable, and transfer the student’s records to the appropriate department.
If students request a change in degree level/program in their final semester, the deadline for submission is six weeks after the first day of classes in that semester.
International students who have had a degree level/program approved must obtain a new I-20 from the Office of International Services. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requires a new visa when an academic program changes.