To see more about what you will learn in this program, visit the Learning Outcomes website!
The Accounting Minor helps students:
- Gain familiarity with financial accounting, managerial accounting, and other accounting topics.
- Understand that accounting is an information system for measuring, processing, and communicating financial information about economic entities.
- Understand how accounting information allows users to make reasoned choices among alternative uses of scarce resources in the conduct of business and economic activities.
Declaring the Minor
Students should go to Add a Minor to apply.
The minor must be completed no later than the semester in which the student expects to graduate from his or her degree program. If transfer credits contribute to the completion of the minor, students need to ensure that official transcripts are sent and processed at NC State.
Undergraduate Programs Office
2150 Nelson Hall
SIS Code: 20AM
- A grade of ‘C-‘ or better in all courses used to satisfy the minor.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 or better for all ACC minor courses in the program of study
- Courses credited to the minor may not be taken for credit only (pass/fail).
- Students may transfer in up to 9 credits (6 max at the 300/400 level) towards the minor.
- All transfer credits must be approved by the Poole College of Management Office of Undergraduate Programs in Nelson 2150.
|ACC 210||Concepts of Financial Reporting||3|
|ACC 220||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
|Select nine credit hours of any 300 or 400 level accounting course 1||9|
Students should make sure that they have met all required prerequisites for 300- and 400-level courses