Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
For more information about this department, including contact information, visit the department.
PRTM is committed to educating its students by providing them with the latest knowledge and tools to address society’s most pressing needs. The undergraduate programs focus on ways to promote health and enjoyment in people’s lives as well as contribute to the natural and cultural sustainability of recreation resources in communities. PRTM’s unique undergraduate programs combine relevant class time with hands-on field experiences and service learning. The department strives to enroll and graduate a highly motivated and culturally diverse student body.
The department has an established reputation for providing comprehensive, professional education programs in Professional Golf Management, Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, and Sport Management. Each degree is designed to produce well educated graduates who have the skills, knowledge, and attitude needed to plan activities and manage parks, recreation, tourism and sport areas and facilities in a range of environments for all ages and lifestyles.
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management annually awards scholarships that are available to freshmen and advanced students. Approximately 12 academic scholarships varying between $500 and $5,000 are awarded in the spring for the following academic year and are renewable provided that superior progress is made toward a degree.
- Environmental Education (Minor)
- Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management (BS): Parks and Natural Resource Recreation Concentration
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management (BS): Program Management Concentration
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management (BS): Sustainable Tourism Concentration
- Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management (Minor)
- Professional Golf Management (BS)
- Sport Management (BS)
- Sport Management (BS): Professional Golf Management Concentration