Instructional programs of the Agricultural Institute (AGI) are organized and conducted as a part of the overall program in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The Agricultural Institute is an addition to and not a substitute for the bachelor of science degree-granting program of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The Institute uses the same facilities (classrooms, laboratories, farms) as the four-year program. Facilities are available for both teaching and observing how technology is applied in agriculture and other areas.
People with the kind of training offered by the Agricultural Institute are in demand in North Carolina and the nation. By adding new courses of study to keep up with rapidly changing technology, the Agricultural Institute strives constantly to meet the needs of its students. In doing so, it prepares them to be highly trained candidates for careers in agribusiness, agriculture, pest management, ornamentals, landscape, turfgrass, and other related areas.
Here are some key highlights about the Agricultural Institute:
- We offer six academic programs leading to an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree
- The Institute uses the same facilities (classrooms, laboratories, farms) as the four-year bachelor of science degree-granting program
- All AGI students have access to the AGI tutorial center as well as the AGI Writing website
- Student organizations like AGI Ambassadors and Delta Tau Alpha Honor Society bring AGI students together to share their passions
The Agricultural Institute has separate admissions requirements for incoming freshman students and transfer students. Visit our website for more information about our admissions requirements for our programs.
For more information about this department, including contact information, visit our website.
100 Patterson Hall
NCSU Box 7642
Raleigh, NC 27695-7642
Phone: (919) 515-3248
Fax: (919) 513-1421
- Agribusiness Management (AAS)
- Agribusiness Management (Certificate) (Distance Education)
- Field Crops Technology (AAS)
- General Agriculture (AAS)
- Horticultural Science Management (AAS): Ornamentals and Landscape Technology Concentration
- Horticultural Science Management (AAS): Small Scale Farming Concentration
- Livestock and Poultry Management (AAS)
- Turfgrass Management (AAS)