1.1 Graduate School ResponsibilitiesApply Now
The mission of the Graduate School is to serve as a catalyst for excellence in graduate education at NC State through:
- promoting the highest quality education for students and postdoctoral scholars, including outstanding academic experiences, opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research, and professional development that prepares students and postdoctoral scholars for success in their fields;
- advancing the diversity of graduate education at NC State and of the professoriate nationwide through recruitment, retention, and support of underrepresented minority groups;
- fostering an environment in which graduate faculty can reach their potential as teachers, researchers, and mentors to graduate students;
- encouraging research and graduate programs that address the critical issues that challenge our state, our nation, and our world;
- achieving recognition of NC State as a model for leadership and innovation in graduate education in North America.